Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sunday Scribblings - First Job, Worst Job, Dream Job

My first job was as a housekeeper at a condo hotel at the Snowbird Ski Resort in Little Cottonwood Canyon, which is near Salt Lake City, Utah. My first day was December 27th (although the year escapes me now *lol*). Minimum wage back then was $2.65. My first day, I helped clean the timeshare condo of the hotel CEO (or whatever his title was). Four days later, on New Year's Eve, it snowed so much that they closed the canyon and wouldn't let anyone in or out. So they had to put us up for the night and gave us $10 in food coupons (which back then was enough for a steak dinner).

My worst job? That's a toughie. They all have had their less than stellar moments. There was the time when I was delivering pizzas in a blizzard with 30 degree below windchill, with no gloves and only tennis shoes on my feet. Near frostbite sucked. The worst thing about the job I have right now is that your co-workers talk sweet and friendly and "teamwork" to your face and cut you down behind your back to anyone who will listen. I noticed that the day I walked in there (before I had been there long enough to become a target).

My dream job? Producer of live theatre plays on a full-time basis. Plain and simple.

*****

To share in other Scribblers' troubles and triumps, check out the Sunday Scribblings blog, where you get a different writing prompt every week! It's great! Stop, read and write if you would like!

1 comment:

  1. Delivering pizza in dead cold most certainly does not sound like any fun. I had my fair share of housekeeping jobs, too. They were never fun for me. I am a clean freak and so I would take too long in my rooms. Your dream job sounds fabulous. ;o)

    ReplyDelete