Friday, November 5, 2010

Five Question Friday #1


1. If you could have any talent and turn it into an occupation, what would it be?

I would love to be able to support my family by acting on stage. I actually started out college in musical theatre, but I was so introverted that I had trouble auditioning. I had to pass an audition at the end of the first year, and failed miserably...to the tune (no musical theatre pun intended) of one of the professors writing that "you should find something else to do. You have no future in theatre."

Several years later, as a finance major at a different college, I saw a notice for auditions for "The Importance of Being Earnest", and told myself that "I should do that". Then I saw that the auditions were that day and nearly talked myself out of it. But I went. And I got the part of "Lady Bracknell". And for 5 years after that, I did about 5-6 plays a year.

Along the way, I also finished my degree. For my mother's sake, I will add I attained "magna cum laude" status. Oh, and I found out my singing voice was pretty good after all.

2. Would you rather have a house at the beach or a cabin in the woods?

Beach. I love the ocean. I feel so connected with ... 'eternity' there.

3. Is there any meaning or reasoning for the names you chose for your child/children?

My husband had a brother and a sister that either were stillborn or died in early infancy. DS1's first name is the same as the brother. His middle names come from my husband and my father. DD's name is the same as the sister's. Her first middle name is a traditional name going up on my mother's family. As DH got to choose his sister's middle name years ago, we thought we would let DS1 do the same for his sister. His first thought was "Cherry". Not wanting to explain to the then 6-yr old boy why Cherry might not be the best middle name for a girl, we asked him to choose another. Thought #2 was "White". Strange. Thought #3 (and the one he stuck to longest) was "Olive". So we modernized it a little to "Olivia". Last but not least is DS2. His first name starts with a "B" and is just a name DH likes. His two middle names comes from my FIL and my MIL's umpteenth husband. We were going to list "V"'s name first and "D"'s name last, but that would have given him the initials "BVD"...like the underwear. I put my foot down. *lol*

4. What is your guilty pleasure? (I know we've done this one before, but I'm guessing people's "guilty pleasures" change frequently. At least, mine do!)

Baklava. I could have that for dessert every day after every meal.

5. Do you live in a house that is deep cleaned or straightened?

Don't be funny. I think I'm a permanent fixture in the "CHAOS" club of Flylady.net fame.

*+*+*+*+*

To read other great answers to the above questions, please click on the graphic above.


1 comment:

  1. I love the answer to number 5!! I laughed because it is so much the way I am!!!! I read on one of your older blogs that you were calling for mental health awareness, although I believe it was worded differently. I also would LOVE for all the misconceptions out there to just go away! I have a special grandson and 2 of my adult children suffer from severe schizophrenia and 2 others are disabled due to major mental illnesses, though they function at a much higher level. They all are my precious angels and I pray for more understanding people like you are. Most people don't have a clue and don't care to. It is heartbreaking. Thanks for following my graphics blog. I can't find your followers to add myself as one. I am adding myself to the networked one. Take care.

    ReplyDelete