Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tuesday's Tip

I love Woman's World Magazine!  I read the thing cover to cover (although not necessarily front to back) every week.  Sometimes I do start at the front, but usually I do the puzzle and sudoku and then flip back and forth according to what strikes my fancy at the time.

At $1.79, it is not only inexpensive entertainment, it also offers a wealth of information!

For instance, on page 12 of the July 30, 2012, issue, there is an article entitled "Need more cash: Try this!"  Well, I don't know about you, but a little extra cash is ALWAYS welcome at my house, so I looked more thoroughly at the ideas.

The first one showed an art student who sold postcard-sized paintings of pets for $5 at Fiverr.com.  People post products or services they can offer to others at the price of $5.00.  I signed up yesterday (it's free) and posted a "gig" about a guaranteed number of relevant comments on blog posts and blabbing to Facebook and Twitter.  Check it out here and tell me what you think?  I came up with this idea because I do a lot of blog hops and sometimes the hoppers' comments leave you wondering if they actually read your post.  Luckily, THE MAJORITY DO!

Anyway, it was an idea to get a gig posted.  If you read yesterday's post, I am trying to post 5 gigs this week at Fiverr.  A lot of my gigs will be craft-related, but I need to make up some samples of those first so I can post pictures.

I also like WW's at-home remedies and have used several of them to make potions and lotions to use and to give as gifts.  (Hubby can testify that the chocolate-sugar body scrub and rose milk foot bath last Valentine's Day were WONDERFUL! *lol*)

Just so you know, I did not receive compensation for this post and my opinions are my own ... I just really love the Woman's World Magazine!

Do you have a favorite source of entertainment and/or inspiration?  Care to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment