Tuesday, July 7, 2015

High Summer Read-a-thon



Don't you just love the picture up there?  So 'genteel'.  But they must live somewhere cooler and less humid than I do because until September there is NO WAY I'm going to be wearing such a beautiful dress because I would not be able to breathe!

But I digress.

Michelle over at Seasons of Reading hosts several lovely read-a-thons during the year and the next one coming up is the "High Summer Read-a-Thon".  Can you guess when it's going to be? :O)  (Sorry.  Silly mood.)

Borrowing from Seasons of Reading:

a week of relaxed reading during which we can personally challenge ourselves and whittle away those ever looming TBR piles/shelves/libraries
As they say in my neck of the woods:  "It's un-telling how many books I have on my TBR list."  I keep waiting for Amazon to implement limits from the # of books I've downloaded, many of them on free promotional days for authors.  Some low-cost.   Having received them at a discount, along with anyone else subscribing to the emails like I do, I feel a sort of obligation to read and post reviews, as we all know how important they are to authors.

I am also WOEFULLY behind in this respect. *sigh*

Anyhoo (intentional spelling) ...

Going with the no pressure credo above, I'm going to go spelunking in my Kindle and find the cozy mysteries, sweet romances, Amish fiction, and works by favored authors.  I figure 4-7 ought to do it.  Normally I go through about a book a day.  But if they in the 600+ range of pages, non-fiction, or my first dip into a new 'world', it may take a little longer.

If you like to read, please allow me to invite you to join us at Michelle's blog (click the button up there at the top of this post) in a couple of weeks and get your summer reading party on!


2 comments:

  1. Hi there, LuAnn! I'm stopping by the posts of everyone who signed up just to double check. I've been busy with the last days of an out of town guest visiting so I'm really behind on visiting blogs. Hope you are indeed with us and are enjoying the read-a-thon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the visit, Michelle! I actually read quite a bit during the time frame, but kept lousy records. Hopefully I will do better next time!

      Delete