Thursday, September 24, 2015

Classroom or Home Room? - #septemberchallenge #NaBloPoMo

NaBloPoMo 
September 2015  Everyday Gyaan

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Do you find it easier to learn in a classroom or at home?


Sometimes I learn easier at home and sometimes in a physical classroom.

Right now, I would LOVE to be in a classroom.  We have too many animals/pets right now and it's driving me up a wall!  Most of the puppies are going to their forever homes on Sunday and then maybe things will calm down somewhat.  One of the bigger dogs ripped my left forearm earlier today when I was trying to stop him from chasing the UPS driver.  I'd like to have a big whine about the aftermath, but it's not really to topic, so I will have to save that story for another day.

If I go to a physical classroom, it's at least as much for the social aspect of things as to the course of study itself.  I did a couple semesters of online classes through a local college and had a good experience overall.  There were class bulletin boards on the school's site and for the language class, we met in a virtual classroom and spoke Spanish back and forth at each other.

Lecture classes?  Rather connect from home via the internet.

Labs?  Well, you kind of have to be there.

Acting classes?  Again, not much you can do without being somewhere with other people (unless you are working on a 1 person show, I suppose).  

Although, there was a singing group on America's Got Talent (Forte) one year that found each other over the internet, practiced with each other over the internet, and only met in person for the first time about 20 minutes before their audition.  They got to the final round!


No comments:

Post a Comment